Saturday, April 19, 2014

Energy of Disappointment

There is energy to be tapped

in disappointment

Whether it be in a job

or a cause

or a political figure

or a relationship


The hope for success 

For dreams come true

For visions manifesting

Had energy.


But when that hope dies

What happens to that energy

Defines you.


You could wallow 

in despair

Justify mind-numbing 

choices

Become cynical


Or you could

Take that energy

And make something with it

Create something

Do something

That would not have been done

Without that infusion

Of thwarted energy

Of anger

Of frustration

Of disappointment

Without the redirection

Of hope-filled energy


Every bit of energy

I had planned 

To give to that hope,

I now give to 

Something else.


I walk

I run

I sweat

I exhilarate

in the sound 

of music in my ears

In the rhythm 

of my shoes on the ground

In time 

to joyous, 

beautiful,

life-filled 

songs.




No comments:

Post a Comment